Zenith Roofing offers classes in a 1-hour Lunch & Learn formatted for Building Managers and Engineers. Zenith also offers a more comprehensive four-hour class. Below you will see the example of our four-hour class. The one hour Lunch & Learn class is designed based on your requirements and needs.
TDI credited continuing education courses for Insurance Adjusters are offered in 1, 2 and 4 hours. For more information click INSURANCE ADJUSTER CONTINUING EDUCATION.
The classes are free and we guarantee these classes will be educational, fun, fast-moving, interactive and hands-on.
ROOF INSPECTION PRINCIPLES
Low Slope Commercial Roofing
- A comprehensive understanding of the principal types and components of low slope roofing systems for commercial buildings
- Understanding of the numerous types of roof systems and how they react to weather-related conditions (hail, wind, etc…)
- Methods to improve roof inspections
- How to analyze roof problems and determine a cause
- Budgeting: Present and future needs
Low Slope Commercial Roof Systems:
Each roof system will be identified and its applications, strengths and weaknesses will be discussed.
- Built-up Roofing Systems (Asphalt/Coal Tar Pitch)
- Single Ply Systems (TPO/EPDM/PVC/CPE/CSPE)
- Modified Bitumen Systems (APP/SBS)
- Polyurethane Foam Systems
- Metal Roof Systems (Structural/Architectural)
Each insulation type will be identified. Why is insulation specified? How is it attached? R-value assignment? When should tapered insulation and cover board be added? Factory Mutual uplift and Code concerns will also be discussed.
- Expanded Polystyrenes
- Extruded Polystyrenes
- Wood Fiber
Identifying the different types of deck systems. When is deck replacement required? What goes into deck replacement? Lightweight concrete curing concerns.
- Metal deck types
- Concrete (Structural/Lightweight)
- Visual Non-Destructive Roof Survey
- Testing for Moisture (Why? When? How?)
General Topics of Interest:
- Dealing with Roofing Contractors
- Dealing with General Contractors
- Working with Roof Manufacturers
- Code Upgrades (Perimeter Metals, R-Value, etc…)
- Roof Accessories (Expansions/Control Joints/Coping Cap/Flashings/Breather Vents)
- What can be temporarily or permanently repaired and what can’t
- Pricing considerations for high-rise buildings and speciality jobs
- Core Testing/Lab Analysis
- General Waterproofing
- When is it not a roof problem and not an insurance claim
- Interior Protection Issues
- Lightning Protection/HVAC/Electrical/Plumbing and other roof related issues
For more information, please call us at 1-800-276-6344.